Kalanchoe has been renowned for its skin healing properties for centuries. A succulent perennial plant, Kalanchoe has become a key ingredient in a variety of skin care products in a short span of time. The Kalanchoe leaf extract has a range of medicinal properties – all thanks to the high potency biologically active agents it possesses. High-quality Kalanchoe extract has:
- Bactericidal properties (to kill harmful bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms)
- Anti-inflammatory properties (to stop the progression of skin inflammation)
- Bacteriostatic properties (to neutralize bacteria and prevent their growth)
- Hemostatic properties
- Wound-healing properties (to quickly cure ulcerative and traumatic surfaces and regenerate the skin covering).
- Cleanse wounds to effectively remove necrotic tissue
How Does Kalanchoe Help Heal Your Skin?
Kalanchoe has long been known for its numerous medicinal benefits, especially because of its incredible skin healing properties. This miraculous plant can be effectively used to treat abrasions, small cuts, mild burns, and skin irritations safely and naturally.
What makes it such a great remedy for skin problems is its potent antibacterial properties that can help fight acne and other skin issues without damaging skin any further. Research has shown that people suffering from mild or moderate acne can greatly benefit from applying Kalanchoe extract along with other proven exfoliating ingredients like AHAs and BHAs. We recommend Deep Facial Foaming Cleanser from Zali Cosmetics.
Kalanchoe extract can help lighten acne scars and dark spots and even correct uneven skin tone. So, even if you’re not experiencing acne issues anymore, acne scars can still be a serious issue that won’t go away anytime soon. Kalanchoe with its collagen-boosting properties can significantly reduce the appearance of acne scars and other skin imperfections.
How Kalanchoe Leaf Extract Can Help Speed Up Wound Healing?
The Kalanchoe leaf extract has been used with several other effective ingredients like Saint-John’s-Wort’s oil for the treatment of various types of inflammatory conditions including phlegmon and abscess.
As a powerful antibacterial ingredient, Kalanchoe extract speeds up the wound healing process. This technique significantly reduces the duration of treatment while boosting the success rate at the same time. The Kalanchoe extract is also used with furazolidone to effectively treat an eroded area of the skin.
How to Treat Skin Diseases with Kalanchoe Extract?
Kalanchoe is one of the few proven medicinal plants that are used to treat erysipelas. For starters, Erysipelas is a condition where the skin covering and subcutaneous tissue get inflamed due to streptococcus microbial infection. Sometimes, this infection can be extremely hard to treat as it tends to spread all over the body in absence of proper treatment.
Antibiotics are commonly used to treat Erysipelas. But, to enhance the effectiveness and speed of treatment, Kalanchoe is often added to the treatment plan. The Kalanchoe leaf extract can also stop blood from the wound in conditions such as skin rash, eczema, and furunculosis.
How to Use Kalanchoe Leaf Extract as a Facial Cleanser?
In many countries, people use raw Kalanchoe leaves to clean their face before applying other skincare products. You can feel the invigorating effect of Kalanchoe even after a few days of regular use. Your skin will become significantly brighter, smoother, and younger-looking.
You can also buy skincare products such as cleaners and toners based on Kalanchoe. Products from trusted brands like Zali Cosmetics’ Deep facial foaming cleanser contain the purest Kalanchoe leaf extract, in addition to other effective ingredients like AHAs and BHAs for optimal anti-age care and to treat withering skin.
From acting as a natural moisturizer for your skin to reduce premature skin aging, skin experts are just beginning to discover the benefits of this magical plant and many Kalanchoe-containing products.
- Soothing & Cooling: Kalanchoe is added to other proven, high potency products like AHAs, BHAs due to its soothing and cooling properties. Apart from healing sunburns and other skin conditions faster, it reduces the discomfort, peeling, and redness associated with them instantly.
- Moisturizing: Kalanchoe is a rich source of polysaccharides. Popular ingredients in many moisturizers, polysaccharides are molecules with incredible healing and hydrating properties.
- Antiviral: The antiviral effects of Kalanchoe extract make it a wonderful topical treatment for cold sores and other skin infections. Kalanchoe has been shown to soothe, disinfect, and moisturize the affected area on the skin. It can even reduce dark circles and puffiness.
- Collagen-Boosting: The collagen-boosting effects of Kalanchoe not only help reduce acne scars, but they can also significantly reduce facial inflammation while improving the overall cellular turnover rate in your skin. As a result, you’ll get glowing and radiant skin without having to rely on any harmful chemicals.
- Exfoliating: Kalanchoe is a natural exfoliant. It is packed with natural exfoliating compounds. When combined with ingredients like salicylic acid, it can help remove dead skin cells, bacteria, and dirt from your face without making your skin excessively dry.
- Anti-aging: Kalanchoe may reduce signs of aging. Recent studies on Kalanchoe have found that regular use of Kalanchoe extract can increase skin elasticity and reduce the appearance of wrinkles over time. This may be the reason why it’s a common ingredient in many anti-aging products on the market.
- Mild yet Effective: Kalanchoe is mild enough for people with sensitive skin. Kalanchoe is a 100% natural, plant-based ingredient that makes it a great alternative for people who don’t like to put harsh chemicals on their sensitive skin.
The Best Way to Incorporate Kalanchoe in Your Skincare Routine
Kalanchoe is a common ingredient in many cleansers and toners. So, it is safe to use every day as long as you follow the instructions on the product label. While Kalanchoe is amazingly effective alone for healing and invigorating the skin and for reducing the signs of aging, its effectiveness can be enhanced to a whole new level by combining it with exfoliating ingredients such as AHAs and BHAs. Zali’s products are among the most potent formulations on the market. They have combined all these effective ingredients so that you can get clear, glowing skin fast and naturally at home.
We hope the above points can help you choose the best Kalanchoe product for your skincare needs. Make sure to explore our full skincare range here.