If you’ve acne-prone skin, chances are you’ve turned to natural remedies to soothe your damaged, red, or inflamed skin. Because some proven-effective natural remedies like Kalanchoe daigremontiana extract bring such good relief during the skin healing process, you might have wondered about other benefits that Kalanchoe can deliver to your skin.
So, considering all the amazing benefits of Kalanchoe, should you make it a permanent part of your skincare routine? Let’s try to find the answer in this article.
What is Kalanchoe?
Referred to as the Mother of thousands, Kalanchoe or Kalanchoe daigremontiana is a succulent perennial plant. As per a recent study, Kalanchoe has been found to possess a wide range of highly potent pharmacological properties. These include but are not limited to wound healing, anthelmintic, hepatoprotective, anti-inflammatory, antidiabetic, analgesic, antioxidant, and antimicrobial properties.
Contrary to harmful chemicals commonly found in today’s cosmetic products, Kalanchoe is a natural and healthier alternative to treat a wide range of skin issues. The best part – Kalanchoe, present in high-quality formulations like Zali’s cleansers and toners is safe and effective for almost all skin types.
Additionally, Kalanchoe works great in serums and topical products formulated specially to target specific skin issues.
Benefits of Kalanchoe for Skin
Kalanchoe is one of the most versatile ingredients on the planet because of its ability to treat a huge range of skin issues safely and effectively. This multipurpose herb can be a great addition to your skincare routine. Let’s take a look at some of the prominent skincare benefits of using products containing quality Kalanchoe extract.
- Kalanchoe is abundant in some of the most potent and skin-friendly nutrients you can find in any natural product. Some of these are polysaccharides, organic acids, flavonoids, catechins, and antioxidants like vitamin C, in addition to mineral salts such as zinc, copper, selenium, boron, and manganese.
- The comprehensive range of nutrients in this wonder herb can help regenerate your skin, prevent clogged pores, and control sebum production. The pharmaceutical-grade antibacterial properties of Kalanchoe can help soothe and cure acne and breakouts while its powerful astringent properties can help cleanse the skin, tighten pores and remove excess oil from the skin.
- Kalanchoe is renowned for its exceptional water retention properties. Daily use can help improve your skin’s natural hydration processes to positively impact its resilience, pliability, and turgor. Regular use of Kalanchoe containing products from trusted brands like Zali Cosmetics has been associated with more hydrated skin, and a smoother, clearer, and plumper complexion.
How Kalanchoe Can Benefits Acne?
Kalanchoe possesses a variety of medicinal properties because of the range of high potency biologically-active agents it contains. Pure and potent Kalanchoe extract in trusted products offers:
- Proven-effective bactericidal properties to kill harmful microorganisms
- Effective bacteriostatic properties to neutralize bacteria and prevent their growth
- Powerful anti-inflammatory properties to stop and prevent the progression of inflammation
- Potent hemostatic properties
- Thorough and quick wound cleansing by removing necrotic tissue or sphacelus
- Proven wound-healing properties. It can aid in the skin regeneration process and may improve ulcerative and traumatic surfaces.
Kalanchoe Is an Anti-Inflammatory
There’s a reason why Kalanchoe is effective for a wide range of skin problems. It has powerful anti-inflammatory properties. So, it can help you get rid of swelling and redness that are commonly associated with acne and breakouts.
Applying Kalanchoe containing products on swollen and red pimples can quickly reduce pain and tenderness. Furthermore, the wound healing effects of Kalanchoe can help treat acne blemishes safely.
Kalanchoe Can Soothe Irritated Skin
The soothing effects of Kalanchoe for sunburns are well known. Similarly, it can help soothe many types of skin irritations especially acne. So, if chemical acne treatments are making your skin irritated and dry, including a Kalanchoe containing product in your routine can be really helpful. You’ll get instant relief and your skin will feel more rejuvenated and comfortable than ever before.
Kalanchoe Alone Can’t Clear Up Your Acne
Although several studies have shown the effectiveness of Kalanchoe in treating and soothing acne, it can’t treat all types of acne. Fortunately, most types of acne can be treated by combining Kalanchoe with other proven ingredients like AHAs and BHAs.
For instance, Kalanchoe is great for soothing and treating inflammatory acne. But inflammation is not the only cause of acne. Some other major causes are overactive oil glands, the buildup of dead skin cells, and genetics.
By combining Kalanchoe with other acne-busting ingredients like AHAs and BHAs, you can get the best natural skincare in your home. High-quality products from Zali Cosmetics’ like Deep Facial Foaming Cleanser and AHA & BHA Daily Clean Toner are among the few formulations that have successfully combined all these potent ingredients to make sure you see results immediately.
We hope this guide can help you choose the best Kalanchoe products to treat your acne safely and effectively. Make sure to explore our full range here.